Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

March--in like a lion....out like a lamb?


I sure hope so!


February was BRUTAL.  That is really the only word for it.    And then, just when I thought the black cloud might be floating by and the blur of February was over...I went and sprained my ankle, rolling it off a curb on the very last day of the month.  Sheesh!  Just like one final big kick in the pants😆

BUT, as hard as it is sometimes (especially smack dab in the middle of the stress and chaos) I try to find the silver lining, the possible purpose in it.  The ankle, for instance, literally made me sit there and not move for almost four straight days--which gave the rest of my body and mind time to rest and heal in more ways than that one.  It made me fully realize the fact that I was no good to help anyone if I didn't first take care of myself and heal (from the horrid cold/flu/virus I'd been fighting for one thing).


During those few days, one picture kept popping up in my mind...


A small haven of quiet, of being surrounded in peace while protected from stress, from problems that I couldn't fix no matter how much I really wanted to, other people's problems that had nothing to do with me but drama drew me in, from negativity, self-doubt, anxiety, and all around bad vibes.

And so, though there are a few struggles we are still dealing with this month, I am trying to stop more often and just breath, to put up a small shield of self-care even for just a few moments to find my center so that I am stronger to help the ones who need me most right now.   Sitting in my pink-cushioned egg chair 😊, setting everything aside, and just breathing.  March did come in like a lion...but I do hope it goes out like a lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment